Food Wellness Session
30 MINUTES $30-60 • 60 MINUTES $60-90
- Has food been a source of shame, pain, or stress in your life?
- Are you trying to eat more fruits and vegetables but lack the support you need?
- Do you want to establish wellness and health goals that aren't strictly focused on weight or rigid diet plans?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, I would love to meet with you! I understand that first and foremost, food is deeply personal. Whether we recognize it or not, each of us hold food memories (both positive and negative ones) that have impacted us from childhood throughout adulthood. One of the keys to developing a better relationship
Please note that these sessions are NOT about weight loss or rigid "diet plans." There is no special formula of what to eat and what not to eat. Instead, they are designed to explore your relationship with food and co-create concrete steps that will allow
Complete the Client Intake Form. This form should take anywhere from 15-30 minutes to complete. Once submitted, you will receive a response within 7 business days.
Schedule an initial 30-minute consultation by phone/video or in person. This initial consultation is free. It gives us a chance to get to know one another, discuss your Client Intake Form and for us to address any questions or concerns that you may have.
If you wish to continue working together past the initial consultation, you may schedule 30 or 60-minute follow-up appointments with me. These appointments are sliding scale ($30-60 for 30 minutes; $60-90 for 60 minutes). Payment is due at the time of the appointment and payment plans (including bartering and trade) are available. Sistah of the Yam, LLC does not accept any medical insurance at this time.
Here is what clients can expect::
- A patient-centered model of care that includes uninterrupted and generous space for clients to share their concerns, questions, and goals
- Evidenced-based information on various nutrition topics (i.e. vitamins, macronutrients, pre and probiotics, fiber, herbal supplements, etc.) that are specific to the client's needs
- Sensitivity and appreciation for the ways that who we are (i.e. race, class, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion/spirituality etc.) and how we were raised impacts our relationship with food
- Guidance and recommendations on whole foods and herbs that can assist with maintaining health or bringing one to a space of greater wellness
- Practical step-by-step tips for cooking, prepping, portioning and purchasing food and accountability for goal setting and completion
- Access to some of my favorite affordable plant-based recipes
- Flexibility in meeting style (i.e. phone, in person, via Skype or Zoom).
NOTE: Sistah of the Yam, LLC and it's employees are not medical physicians, registered dietitians, or weight loss experts. Our role is not to make any prescriptions and/or diagnoses, but instead to offer suggestions and professional guidance from a holistic framework. For more information, please read our disclaimer here.