1:1 Food Healing Session
30 MINUTES $25-45 • 60 MINUTES $45-65
When it comes to food, we all have a story.
The smell of Mama's greens wafting through the house on Sunday afternoon.
Memories of not having enough food in our refrigerators and pantries when we were growing up.
The familiar and comforting taste of rice and peas.
The cool sensation of water ice on a hot summer day in July.
The exact meal that we were eating when we got that phone call, email, or text that changed our lives forever.
Our memories and stories with food are complex, too.
As Black women, our relationship with food can often be one that makes us feel ungrounded and out of control. Sometimes all it takes is just a sight, a smell, a sound, or a taste for our brains to transport us back to a certain memory. And that memory can incite all sorts of feelings: nostalgia, longing, happiness, anger, regret, joy, or shame -- feelings that can often interrupt our day and lead to eating patterns that can be destructive.
It is impossible to truly live a life of abundance and wholeness without having a healed relationship with the food we eat.
A Food Healing Session is designed for those who are open and committed to naming and working through their relationship with food in hopes of being able to establish a different kind of relationship - one where food is a source of nourishment, joy, and healing instead of stress, shame, and disease.
A Food Healing Session isn't focused on weight loss (though weight loss may be a natural byproduct), counting calories, or rigid diets.
A Food Healing Session is focused on developing new and instinctive skills that help one listen and respond to one's body's needs.
Wondering if this is for you?
These sessions are especially ideal for you if you:
- have experienced food being a source of shame, pain, or stress in your life
- are trying to eat more fruits and vegetables and/or make the transition to a plant-based lifestyle, but lack the needed support
- want to establish health goals that aren't solely focuses on weight and clothing size
- are pregnant or postpartum and need help incorporating energizing and restorative plants and herbs in your lifestyle
If you are reading this and are ready to say "yes" to this journey, I would love to meet with you!
Here's how it works:
Please allow yourself 15-30 minutes to complete the Client Intake Form below. (Note: Once you begin you CANNOT save your answers. It is recommended that if you need more time, you copy and paste your work to a separate document). Once submitted, you will receive a response within 7 business days.
Schedule an initial 30-minute consultation by phone/video or in person. This initial consultation is free. It gives us a chance to get to know one another, discuss your Client Intake Form, address any questions or concerns that you may have, and ultimately decide if working together is the best next step.
If you wish to continue working together past the initial consultation, you may schedule 30 or 60-minute follow-up appointments. These appointments are sliding scale ($25-45 for 30 minutes; $45-65 for 60 minutes). It is expected that you pay what you can. Payment is due anytime before your scheduled appointment and payment plans (including bartering and trade) are available. Sistah of the Yam, LLC does not accept any medical insurance at this time.
Here is what you can expect:
- A welcoming and relaxed space for you to grow and heal
- Sensitivity and appreciation for the how the parts that make you, you (i.e. race, class, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion/spirituality etc.) and how you were raised impact your relationship with food
- Guidance and recommendations on whole foods and herbs that can assist with maintaining health or bringing greater wellness
- Well researched food and nutrition information that are specific to your needs
- Practical tips for cooking, prepping, and purchasing food and accountability for goal setting and completion
- Flexibility in meeting style (i.e. phone, in person, via Skype or Zoom)
Still have questions? Please do not hesitate to email email@example.com or call (267) 225-7415.
**IMPORTANT NOTE - PLEASE READ**
**These sessions are intended for women who identity as Black. Thank you for honoring this intention.
**These sessions are not about weight loss or rigid "diet plans." There is no special formula of what to eat and what not to eat. Instead, they are designed to explore your relationship with food and co-create concrete steps that will allow you to make strides towards your own optimal wellness and healing.
**Sistah of the Yam, LLC and it's employees are not medical physicians, registered dietitians, or weight loss experts. Our role is not to make any prescriptions and/or diagnoses, but instead to offer suggestions and professional guidance from a holistic framework. For more information, please read our disclaimer.