Winter Turmeric-y Stew
PREP TIME: 5-10 minutes | COOK TIME: 40-45 minutes | SERVINGS: approximately 2 large bowls
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup of lentils (I used pre-cooked lentils; if you are using dried lentils, add additional 15 minutes to cooking time)
- 1 medium yukon potato (medium diced)
- 1 large carrot (half moons)
- 1 shallots (minced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp of peanut butter
- 2 tsp of ground turmeric
- 1 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1 tsp of sea salt (or salt to taste)
- 1 tsp of celery salt
- 2 tbsp of dried nettle leaf
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large pot
- Prep vegetables. Wash thoroughly; mince garlic + shallot, dice Yukon potato, cut carrot into half moons
- Heat large pot over medium heat; once heated, add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Wait about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and shallot. Add a pinch of salt, stir with a spatula or wooden spoon, cover the pot and cook for 5 minutes.
- Once shallot becomes somewhat translucent, add carrots. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, turmeric, celery salt and black pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth. Bring the pot to a boil and reduce to medium when it comes to a boil.
- Add lentils, nettle leaf, and the remaining salt. Cook for 15 minutes with covered pot. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in peanut butter and continue to cook for another 5 minutes or so.
- Enjoy as is or cook up some cornbread eat with!