Heal Your P(a)late Workshop
60-90 MINUTES $5-20/person
- Let’s use the food on your plate to heal
- Description: Tailored workshops that cover a variety of topics that fall under plant-based cooking, nutrition and herbal medicine topics that fit the needs of your church, school, or organization etc. for all ages
- Workshops may be stand alone or part of a longer series up to 4 weeks in length
- Pricing varies and includes cost of instructional materials, supplies, and ingredients
- Must be located in Philadelphia
- Click here to schedule a workshop
Here are some examples:
Spice Up Your Plate - a workshop on learning the intuitive art of spice and herb pairing while cooking. Participants take home a homemade spice mix.
DIY Cold Season Tincture Making - a workshop on learning about the safeness of homemade cough syrups and herbs. Participants take home a homemade cold season tincture (cough syrup).
Family Meal Session (3-6 people)
120 MINUTES $175-250/GROUP • 180 MINUTES $225-300/GROUP
- Participants will learn about wonders of plant-based cooking while preparing a delicious, flavorful and affordable family style meal in a supportive and intimate, family-friendly environment
- Topics covered may include: creating a balanced plant-based plate, integrating herbs and spices, proper knife skills and cutting techniques, meal prepping/planning, digestive and immune system help health, Afro food history and traditions, and easy tips for incorporating more plants into your life
- Price includes cost of travel to your home/location (must be located in Philadelphia), organic and responsibly sourced ingredients (when available), all printed materials, and portable cooking + kitchen utensils
- Great for professional development events, couple date nights, girls nights, Bible Study groups, birthdays/celebrations, and families of all configurations!
- Children under 5 are free of charge
- SNAP and WIC recipients receive an automatic 40% off with proof of EBT card
- Click here for more information
- Click here to book a session
Are you interested in inviting Taylor to speak at your event/organization? Please read the following basic criteria below. If your event/organization meets the criteria, please proceed in filling out the Speaker Request Form:
Basic Criteria for Speaking Requests
- Does this opportunity include fair honorarium/compensation? Opportunities outside of Philadelphia County must include compensation for travel and/or lodging in order to be considered.
- Is this opportunity family friendly? Priority consideration will be given to requests that allow for Taylor to care for/bring her daughter.
- Does this opportunity fit within the following categories: holistic wellness, food education, plant-based eating/cooking/nutrition, faith and food justice, Black ?
Below are examples of topics Taylor presents on:
- Black American foodways and herbal history
- Centering food and food justice in the era of Black Lives Matter
- Making plant-based eating delicious and affordable for the whole family
- Why plant-based eating isn't "a white thing"
Below are audiences that Taylor is interested in speaking with this year:
- Black/African American churches
- Seminaries, Colleges, and Universities (specifically Residential Life, Spiritual Life/Chapel Ministry, Women's Centers, Black Student Unions/Black Student Organizations)
- SNAP and WIC recipients
- Single mothers
- Black American female youth (ages 13-19)